1. try to make money online with no plan and no ideas
2. pick niches and business ideas based on how much money you can make in them
3. avoid learning anything–if it isn’t easy don’t do it
4. drop anything that doesn’t work immediately
5. try things 1 time or 1 way and don’t change your approach
6. keep believing there is some magic software or system that will make you $100,000 overnight with zero work…and someone will sell it to you for $27
Hopefully you’re seeing a pattern here. The secret to making money as an Internet marketer is that there is NO secret.
Like ANY business, you need to have a plan, commit to it, and be willing to do whatever it takes to make it work. It’s fine to change your plan. It’s fine to look for ways to get stuff done faster and easier. And it’s fine to be unclear or uncertain at times. But don’t make the mistake of thinking the Internet is some magic money machine…it’s just a simpler, faster, cheaper way to reach customers. Period. Nothing more, nothing less.
You still need to offer something of value. Find a way to monetize what you LOVE doing. Forget how big the market is or how many hot new widgets are selling in a different market. Play to your strengths. Take action, pay attention to your results, adjust what you’re doing until you get closer to the results you want, and keep doing it UNTIL you get there.
If you have value to offer, and you are committed to being successful, you’ll make it. I don’t know anyone who thought ‘I think I’ll give this Internet marketing thing a try and see if it works’ that ever made a dime.
If it’s for you–get in. ALL in. And if it’s not, get out–you’ll save yourself a lot of headaches and a ton of money.