But a huge list is useless unless you know how to get your subscribers to open emails and read them. These tips will help you get your subscribers to open emails and click on
1. Mysterious headlines – use headlines that create curiosity and compel readers to open your emails. You’ve no doubt seen emails in your inbox with headlines like this and it’s nearly impossible to not open them. It’s not just about being outrageous–it’s about hinting at a benefit but doing it in such a way that you don’t reveal everything. Short headlines are better than long ones, and colorful, uncommon words work well. This will get your emails opened, which is vital because if emails don’t get opened they can’t be read.
2. Personal tone – always write emails as though you were writing an email to one friend. This makes them personal and inviting and will increase the number of people reading them.
3. Immediate benefit – start the body of your email with the big benefit to draw readers in and keep them interested and reading. You only have a few seconds to catch your readers’ attention or they will click away.
4. Teaser link – share just enough of the content to give readers a sense you are providing them with value, then give them the link to read the rest of it. A great way to do this is through blog posts. Send emails with the first part of teh post, then link to your blog for them to read the rest of it.
5. Affiliate link – of course you’ll want to make money with your emails too, and the best way to do that is to add more teaser copy below the 1st link that promotes a product or service connected with the main content of the email. Again add the link at the end of the teaser so readers click to get more info.
6. Mix it up – the above formula works well, but keep in mind it’s always good to mix it up a bit and try other things. Pay attention to your email open rates–if something you do makes them go up, keep doing it. If they go down, stop.
That’s a crash course in email marketing. Follow those tips and you’ll make the most out of your subscriber list.
Make it happen…